For faster browsing, we recommend that you upgrade your browser
Select your country and your language
Alitalia American Express Platinum Card
Travel in complete comfort with the American Express Platinum Card, which is reserved for members of the MilleMiglia Program, offers access to the exclusive Freccia Alata Club and lets you earn miles on every purchase.
10,000 MILES: YOUR WELCOME BONUS1
The Alitalia American Express Platinum Card is the card for those who want to travel in maximum comfort: The Alitalia Platinum Card, in fact, offers access to the exclusive Freccia Alata Club. It's also a convenient payment tool that allows you to earn Alitalia miles faster with every purchase2.
To obtain more information regarding product terms and conditions before applying for a card, please consult the information sheet. Click "Apply now" to be redirected to the American Express website.
To read the notes, click on the reference numbers found in the text.
The Alitalia Platinum Card has an annual fee of EUR 700 and includes a second Alitalia Platinum Card and up to 4 additional Alitalia Gold Cards3. Discover the main advantages of being an Alitalia Platinum Cardholder below.
For the first 12 months after receiving your card, you'll have, access to Alitalia's exclusive Freccia Alata Club, regardless of the number of miles you've earned during that period. Thanks to the Alitalia Platinum Card, you can subsequently maintain your Freccia Alata Club membership by earning only 30,000 qualifying miles during the 12 months that precede the Freccia Alata Card's expiration date (June 30 or December 31 of each year), instead of the 50,000 miles usually required by the MilleMiglia Program4.
As a member of the Freccia Alata Club, you'll also receive:
- An exclusive bonus of 50% more miles when you fly with Alitalia, Air One and other SkyTeam Airlines5.
- Facilitated check-in procedures, thanks to the Tele Check-in service, priority on the waiting list during check-in (on flights operated by Alitalia) and the possibility of checking-in at the Alitalia Business Class counters, even if traveling on an Economy Class ticket.
- Discounts on excess baggage allowance, 1 free piece of luggage weighing up to 23 kg, and 1 piece of luggage for certain types of sports equipment (skis, diving, surfing, etc.) on Alitalia flights, with baggage claim priority.
- Preferential access to the security gates to facilitate the screening procedure.
- Priority boarding on flights operated by Alitalia.
- 2 free upgrades to Business Class on international flights operated by Alitalia when traveling on an Economy Class ticket (in booking classes Y, B or M).
- Elite Plus Member status6 when you fly with SkyTeam airlines.
- 1 euro spent = 1.5 miles
- 1 euro spent = 4 qualifying miles
Please note that qualifying miles provide for quicker access to the MilleMiglia Program's Exclusive Clubs.
If within 12 months following the issuance of the Card you have spent at least EUR 15,000, when you request an award ticket for yourself, you'll be awarded bonus miles to obtain another identical ticket for a companion as well (with the same date, time, destination and travel class)7.
- 4 miles for every euro spent on Avis car rentals in Italy9.
- Discounts and special benefits in Italy and abroad. Free enrollment in the Avis President's Club.
Rely on American Express travel consultants to plan and reserve all of your leisure or business travel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Alitalia Platinum Card offers you and your family the most comprehensive travel insurance currently available. You'll be protected against unexpected events, and the insurance even covers the holders of the additional Alitalia Platinum Card and the 4 additional Alitalia Gold Cards included in the annual fee10.
The Card does not allow for unlimited spending. In fact, each use is subject to an authorization procedure that involves the evaluation of various factors, such as, for example, the usual amounts charged to the Card, the amount of the transaction to be authorized, any information regarding the Cardholder's financial situation and income, as well as the punctuality and regularity of payments for all the American Express Cards issued to the same Cardholder.
Please notify us in advance if you are planning to make a larger purchase than usual: this will allow us to more effectively protect your credit card account and to assist you with your purchase.
American Express offers its Cardholders secure payments and travel protection:
- Purchase Protection: if any of the goods you purchased with the Card are stolen or damaged within 90 days of the transaction, you'll be reimbursed for the cost of its replacement or repair, up to EUR 2,600 each time, for a maximum of EUR 7,800 per year10.
- 24-hour Alitalia Platinum Card Customer Service and free replacement of lost or stolen Cards.
- Free replacement card in the event of Card theft, loss or damage. Protection in the event of unlawful use of your Card by third parties11.
YOU'LL RECEIVE 10,000 BONUS MILES AS A WELCOME GIFT WHEN YOU BECOME A CARDHOLDER!1