For faster browsing, we recommend that you upgrade your browser
Select a country and language
Other countries websites:
Transfer miles - Regulations
The MilleMiglia member acknowledges and accepts these terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”) by submitting his or her online request to transfer Alitalia miles (referred to herein as “miles”). The transfer of miles is a service provided to MilleMiglia members by Points.com Inc., a corporation existing and resident in the Province of Ontario, Canada (“Points.com”) authorized by Alitalia -on the basis of an agreement between them- to sell Miles or transfer Miles from the account of a MilleMiglia member to another MilleMiglia member.
- The person who wants to transfer miles must be a member in good standing of the MilleMiglia Program. The same condition must be satisfied by the person who will receive the transferred miles (hereinafter the “transferee”).
- The member’s transfer request shall not be effective until accepted by Points.com. Acceptance by Points.com shall be evidenced only by the actual debiting of miles from the member’s account and transfer thereof to the transferee.
- The member who wants to transfer miles has the right to cancel any transfer, without penalty and without specifying the reason, within ten (10) working days from the day the transaction was confirmed by Points.com via e-mail. Any request to cancel a transfer should be communicated to Alitalia by e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the cancellation right is exercised according to procedures and deadlines stipulated by Points.com and Alitalia, the member will be reimbursed the sums already paid for the transfer of miles. Refunds will be made in the shortest possible time and in any event within thirty (30) days from the date on which Alitalia has received the notice of cancellation. If the member does not comply with the procedures and terms for exercising the right of cancellation as specified in this section, the member shall not be entitled to any refund.
- Other than the provision of section 3 above, transfers of miles are non-refundable.
- Transferred miles will not count toward qualification for any increased or improved status in the MilleMiglia Program.
- Each MilleMiglia member may transfer miles in increments of 1,000 miles to a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction and 60,000 miles per year.
- The member who wants to transfer miles agrees that Points.com may use his/her name, email address, MilleMiglia account information and credit card information for the purpose of processing his/her requested transaction. Except as required to investigate or prosecute fraud or as permitted or required by law, Points.com will not use or disclose the member’s personal information for any purpose other than the foregoing unless with the member’s consent.
- Furthermore the member who wants to transfer miles declares that he or she has previously obtained the authorization from the recipient to transmit the recipient’s name, e-mail address and MilleMiglia number to Points.com in order to complete a transfer transaction.
- Neither the member who wants to transfer miles nor the transferee may sell, barter or otherwise conduct any unauthorized distribution of any miles transferred hereunder. If any miles transefered are resold, distributed or used for improper purposes as determined by Points.com.com in its sole and absolute discretion, or any transfer of miles is conducted through credit card abuse or fraud or other illegal means, Points.com may, at its option and with the assistance of Alitalia, cancel, void, refuse to honor and/or confiscate such transferred miles and pursue any and all other rights and remedies that may be available. The member who wants to transfer agrees to fulfill Points.com requests concerning any investigation or prosecution of anyone engaging in or suspected of engaging in abuse or fraud with respect to the transfer of miles hereunder.
- The transfer of miles is not a guarantee of the availability of any MilleMiglia rewards. Therefore Points.com shall have no liability or responsibility where the member is unable to use or redeem any transferred miles.
- The member who wants to transfer miles agrees to pay Points.com in full by credit card prior to any miles being posted to the transferee's MilleMiglia account. By submitting a request to transfer miles the member authorizes Points.com or its representative to charge his credit card number provided.
- The member who wants to transfer miles agrees that the awarding and use of all miles, including those transferred hereunder, are subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations of the MilleMiglia program, and that Alitalia has the sole and exclusive authority and responsibility for operating, modifying, terminating and establishing the terms and conditions applicable to the MilleMiglia Program. Points.com shall have no liability or responsibility to the member for, and has no obligation to notify the member of, any action, inaction or decision taken by Alitalia in connection with the MilleMiglia program. The member hereby agrees not to make any claim against Points.com for any action, inaction or decision taken by Alitalia in connection with the MilleMiglia program. Points.com shall not be treated as the agent of Alitalia for any purpose.
- The transferee, under the provisions of applicable law, in the moment of the award request can use the miles transferred to him up to the maximum of 75% of the award value in miles (25% of the miles required for an award must be earned miles with Alitalia or Alitalia‘s Partner).
- EXCEPT IN CASE OF GROSS NEGLIGENCE AND WILLFULL MISCONDUCT, POINTS.COM'S LIABILITY, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY THE MEMBER FOR THE TRANSFER OF MILES. IN NO EVENT SHALL POINTS.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUFFERED IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE MEMBER’S TRANSFER OF MILES.
- The member who wants to transfer miles shall comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to these Terms and Conditions and his or her transfer of miles.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed exclusively by Italian law. The parties agree on the exclusive competence of the Court of Rome (Italy).
- The member who wants to transfer miles may not assign or transfer the agreement governed by these Terms and Conditions, or any right or obligation hereunder.
- These Terms and Conditions, together with the member’s transfer request, constitute the entire agreement between the member and Points.com with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, if any, whether written or oral, relating to such subject matter. No modification, amendment or waiver of these Terms and Conditions shall be effective or binding unless made in writing and signed by Points.com, with the Alitalia’s consent.
- Points.com shall have no liability for delays or failure in its performance hereunder caused by any act of God, war, strike, labor dispute, work stoppage, fire, act of government, or any other cause, whether similar or dissimilar beyond its control.
- All personal information supplied upon accession to this present or subsequent initiative are processed by Alitalia and Points.com in compliance with laws and regulations related to the personal data protection and in particular in accordance with Legislative Decree no. 196, June 30, 2003 (Personal data protection) in the manner described in the Terms and Conditions of the MilleMiglia program available at www.alitalia.com.